(Guest post by Cortnee Lane with Fancy Lane Wedding Events)
Photo // Raechel Marie Photography
Benefits to Hosting a Smaller Wedding
Planning a 2021 wedding means intentional wedding experiences – looser unspoken generational rules and an enjoyable planning. Simply put, your pandemic wedding means 50 guests or less. Note these benefits:
1. There is space in the budget for your favorite food truck or frozen yogurt to serve as a late night snack, more decor rentals to really see your vision come to life, and interactive entertainment such as a band, video booths and onsite live keepsakes.
2. Unintentionally, guest counts decrease by 30% because travel, children and age are huge factors to consider for weekend plans.
3. Your family and friends are more likely to stay all the way until the end. With larger guest counts of 125 and up, at least 20% of your attendants will insist on leaving after the wedding dances are done and sometimes as soon as after the cake is cut.
2 Simple Ways to Make Guest Count Cuts
- Guest List Cuts – stick to intimate personal relationships and qualify your guest safety and environmental comfortability.
a. TIP: Arrange for a ceremony Zoom manager, so extended family can be a part of this memory safely. Friends and extended family who must travel by plane can still attend your ceremony from the safety of their home.
- Arrange you and your fiancé’s list into 5 sub categories.
b. Siblings + their dates/families
c. Wedding party + plus ones
d. Close aunts + uncles
e. (5 of) your closest friends and their date/families
Thank you to Cortnee Lane from Fancy Lane Wedding Events for her advice on how to pivot your grand wedding plans to be a smaller size! Visit Fancy Lane’s Brides of Austin vendor profile here, where you’ll find all of the amazing services she and her team can provide for your big day!